Re: Debian Live: Aufs mounting options

Hello,

On 20 April 2015 at 09:34, Evgeniy Shumilov <evgeniy.shumilov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, anyone!
>
> I'm trying to make list of squashfs files with different software
> (for example: libreoffice, gimp, wireshark, etc), that I can easily plug
> on and off, when I'll need it. And I want to mount it as a aufs layer
> like as it realised in puppy linux.
>
> But I tryed to add aufs branch by different ways witout success. As I
> can understand, I should know aufs branch name to modify it, but I
> can't get this name. Mounting of aufs is executed by initrd scripts? As
> I'm right? But I can't found mount options inside it.
>
> Does anybody knows anything about it?
>
> I don't like the variant with packages installing, because it
> takes more time, disk space to store it and memory in case of using
> ramdrive instead of persistent mode.

debian-live does not have this kind of plugin architecture.

Instead it has snapshots. So you can boot a basic system, install
openoffice on it, make a snapshot, and next time boot with openoffice
already installed.

It does not work as a plugin however. The snapshots stack in a particular order.

Since installation of openoffice is recorded in the Debian package
database and that database is only one file it can be only in one
state in a particular snapshot and has to reflect all preceding
snapshots.

You could probably install software in /opt or wherever and add that
as plugins but that would not be Debian packaged software.

HTH

Michal