Re: Re: Debian Live: Aufs mounting options

В Mon, 20 Apr 2015 10:28:06 +0200
Michal Suchanek <hramrach@gmail.com> пишет:

> Hello,
>
> On 20 April 2015 at 09:34, Evgeniy Shumilov
> <evgeniy.shumilov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, anyone!
> >
> > I'm trying to make list of squashfs files with different software
> > (for example: libreoffice, gimp, wireshark, etc), that I can easily
> > plug on and off, when I'll need it. And I want to mount it as a
> > aufs layer like as it realised in puppy linux.
> >
> > But I tryed to add aufs branch by different ways witout success. As
> > I can understand, I should know aufs branch name to modify it, but I
> > can't get this name. Mounting of aufs is executed by initrd
> > scripts? As I'm right? But I can't found mount options inside it.
> >
> > Does anybody knows anything about it?
> >
> > I don't like the variant with packages installing, because it
> > takes more time, disk space to store it and memory in case of using
> > ramdrive instead of persistent mode.
> >

> debian-live does not have this kind of plugin architecture.
>
> Instead it has snapshots. So you can boot a basic system, install
> openoffice on it, make a snapshot, and next time boot with openoffice
> already installed.
>
> It does not work as a plugin however. The snapshots stack in a
> particular order.
>
> Since installation of openoffice is recorded in the Debian package
> database and that database is only one file it can be only in one
> state in a particular snapshot and has to reflect all preceding
> snapshots.
>
> You could probably install software in /opt or wherever and add that
> as plugins but that would not be Debian packaged software.
>
> HTH
>
> Michal

I'm talking not about plugins or architecture, but about ability of
remount current aufs branch with appending another one layer. Why it
should not be possible?

I can refresh menu indexies by myself after mounting.

For example - If I boot without persistence partition, I have some
limited part of RAM for my changes. So, if I install libreoffice or
some other big application, the size of available ram is decreased. But
I need LO not so often to save it to persistent or include it to the
squash, because from time to time I use boot to ram option.

I want to use advantage of AUFS, that allow me fast connect or
disconnect some fuctionality.

Live-example of using:
 1 Insert usb-flash into port of netbook, booting to ram
 2 Using this flash for making something on neighbour computer, while
 working on first
 3 I need to open some document on first, so I plugging usb-flash
 back to the first computer, plug needed sfs with software, working
 with document (for example libre office or freecad), unplugging aufs
 layer and again disconnect flash.

It makes me free to combine modules for my needs at the moment.
Something like this was realised in puppy linux and it's really very
comfortable to use.

All of I need - is right syntax and branch name for remount aufs on /.

WBR Evgeniy