Re: Isolinux and Multi language - How do you want it?

>> Daniel Baumann (syslinux Debian maintainer) assured me some moths ago
>> that gfxboot in syslinux 6 is alive and kicking.
> i'm not aware of any such (wrong) statement from me.

To give your memories a little helping hand:
We met at the "OSS an Schulen" conference (http://www.ossanschulen.ch),
talked about xmlboot and I told you that because of UEFI secure boot we
had to reimplement the xmlboot menu structure with (horrible) grub
config files. You told me to never use grub for many other reasons. I
asked you if syslinux in wheezy+1 will support UEFI. You affirmed. I
asked if gfxboot will be only be supported in BIOS mode or also in UEFI
mode. You told me that it will support UEFI and even showed me the
filelist of the experimental syslinux-common package including
/usr/lib/syslinux/modules/efi64/gfxboot.c32 and
/usr/lib/syslinux/modules/efi64/gfxboot.c32. These files are still there
in the jessie version.

If you say my statement was wrong, what *is* the current state of gfxboot?

Ronny