Re: Isolinux and Multi language - How do you want it?

El 20/10/14 14:03, intrigeri escribió:
Hi,

adrian15 wrote (20 Oct 2014 07:03:06 GMT) :
5) Are you already doing this in your Debian Live based project ? How do you do it?

We at Tails use a custom GDM greeter:

     https://git-tails.immerda.ch/greeter

I suspect it wouldn't be soooo hard to extract the Tails-specific
bits, and make the rest reusable.

Thank you intrigeri for your input !

I don't discard modifying and improving your greeter (Language, keyboard, and keyboard options should be bigger and in the center of the screen) in order to use with Rescatux.

I personally prefer a graphical way of people choosing such settings (and probably also the screen resolution).

However this approach has a problem with Debian Live because it won't be reusable for non Xorg based Debian Live cds. So people who use command line would still need something like, let's say, the grml language selector.

The boot approach seems universal enough to cover both non Xorg systems and Xorg systems this is why I proposed it in the first place.

What are other people thoughts on this issue?

Should we care about non Xorg based Debian Live cds?
Or are they target final user able to edit isolinux command line to add their own language preferences?

Thank you for additional inputs on this matter.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/