Re: Isolinux and Multi language - How do you want it?

El 25/10/14 14:10, Ronny Standtke escribió:
Hi all

The boot approach seems universal enough to cover both non Xorg
systems and Xorg systems this is why I proposed it in the first place.

What are other people thoughts on this issue?

For the same reasons we (Lernstick distribution, see here
http://www.imedias.ch/lernstick) developed xmlboot, a gfxboot script
that supports what you want and much, much more.
I just uploaded an intro video to youtube. See here:
http://youtu.be/zedRbCFJ_b4

Cheers

Ronny

Hi Ronny,

  Your video has impressed me.

I personally do not like your approach for Debian Live because it seems too away from upstream syslinux.

First you have to use the gfxboot com32 module which I'm not sure it will maintained upstream even if Ubuntu uses it and then your custom xmlboot.

I personally do not like gfxboot (although I must admit that I have not used since 10 years ago or so) because you have to manually build a binary "messsage" file. Not all the resolutions are supported. And finally once you've got the final result it was not very easy (meaning being able to edit text files) to edit it.

Maybe your xmlboot script provides what gfxboot is lacking for its configuration, that is, being able to save it into a SCM or DVCS.

I repeat that I am impressed and I don't discard it but it sounds as being too over complex as per taking a quick look at: https://github.com/imedias/xmlboot and its examples. I mean complex as how many files and configuration files one should be editing in order to take full advantage of it in live-build package.

Do you have some sort of live-build package patch that enables it so that we can take a look at it? Or maybe two different commits in your git repository which we can compare manually?

  Thank you.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/