Re: nicer option for enabling persistence than hexediting isolinux/live.cfg?

Hi,

> I think there is a terminology mismatch here. I wanted to avoid building
> or rebuilding ISO images entirely, I wanted to use the existing images.

presuming your boot medium is an USB stick, instead of dd'ing the
hybrid-iso to it you could partition/format it/make it bootable with
syslinux manually and copy the /isolinux from the image and the iso
itself to the stick's root and extend the copied boot-menu with
persistent-labels as needed...

Cheers
Daniel