Re: nicer option for enabling persistence than hexediting isolinux/live.cfg?

Greetings,

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Richard Nelson <unixabg@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings,

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 8:17 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, 2014-04-02 at 13:56 +0200, chals wrote:

> That is fair enough but my guess is that rebuilding an iso image might
> take longer or rather involve more manual work than building an image
> from scratch. The requirements for creating a build system are
> relatively low. See,

I think there is a terminology mismatch here. I wanted to avoid building
or rebuilding ISO images entirely, I wanted to use the existing images.

This may or may not fit your needs but you could examine live-medium-install which essentially installs to the local machine in a way that acts as firmware then you can edit the boot menu to meet your needs. For more information see:

 http://install.live-systems.org/

Oh and I forgot this link:

http://live.debian.net/gitweb/?p=live-tools.git;a=blob_plain;f=bin/live-medium-install;hb=refs/heads/debian-next

Thanks.