Re: nicer option for enabling persistence than hexediting isolinux/live.cfg?

On Wed, 2014-04-02 at 07:36 +0200, chals wrote:

> Now, since hdd images are not pre-built to be offered for download,
> you should build them yourself (it only takes some careful preparation
> of your configuration but it, your configuration, can be re-used again
> and again) or as an alternative use the online builder at

I could have just rebuilt the ISO but wanted to avoid that so hdd images
aren't useful because I would have to build them myself.

> Not being a technical person myself, I have no idea whether that is
> doable or not. Sorry. But from my humble point of view, I see the
> persistence boot parameter as an option. There are certain cases in
> which you want persistence enabled, then you add the parameter at boot
> time. In other cases you will not want persistence enabled, so it
> shouldn't be automatically added.

Perhaps you could differentiate based on the volume/partition label,
persistence/persistence-foo for non-automatic persistence partitions and
persistence-auto/persistence-auto-foo for automatic persistence
partitions. For security maybe only the partitions on the same physical
media as the squashfs would be the right thing to do.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise