Re: Simple default ISO generation fails

On 09/02/12 07:19 AM, Daniel Ellison wrote:
> On 09/02/12 06:52 AM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
>> On 02/09/2012 12:40 PM, Daniel Ellison wrote:
>>> Does the ISO you produced boots properly
>>> on your system, both VM and hardware?
>>
>> yes. can you try it on some more hardware of yours to rule out specific
>> issues with your system?
>
> I can, but I'll have to wait until this evening.

Ok, last night I managed to try booting two different computers with the ISO from http://unable-to-package.org/~daniel/live/ burned to a USB stick.

An old HP nx7400 (http://tinyurl.com/6spvoag) booted, got to the point where the text screen switches to a higher resolution, then went blank and stayed that way.

A Lenovo ThinkPad T61 (http://tinyurl.com/3b8vr8e) booted properly. However, it had the exact same startpar error that my laptop and all VMs had.

So that rules out my specific laptop as being at fault. And remember, this was done with an ISO I didn't even produce. I'm still trying to figure out where to add the debugging flag so we can see live-boot's log.

Daniel