Re: Simple default ISO generation fails

On 02/09/2012 12:40 PM, Daniel Ellison wrote:
So what could it possibly be?

no idea; and, just to be unambigues: the '/filesystem.squashfs' error is just cosmetics (with newer sysvinit in wheezy/sid), the 'only' error that matters is the 'startpar: service(s) returned failure' one.

Does the ISO you produced boots properly
on your system, both VM and hardware?

yes. can you try it on some more hardware of yours to rule out specific issues with your system?

also, can you build an image where the necessary components (live-boot init script for the beginning should be enough, maybe also live-config initscript later at some point) are run with set -x so that we can see the 'debug' log, so we can try to understand where and what the actual problem is.

By the way, thanks for your continued efforts to help clear this up,

welcome :)

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net