Re: Simple default ISO generation fails

Ok. This morning I set up a completely clean wheezy/testing system using the latest netinst ISO from here:

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/

I added nothing. In fact, it boots to a command line. No desktop, no X11, nothing.

I did the following in that clean wheezy system:

    $ sudo su
    # apt-get install debootstrap
# wget http://live.debian.net/archive/packages/live-build/3.0~a42-1/live-build_3.0~a42-1_all.deb
    # dpkg -i live-build_3.0~a42-1_all.deb
    # mkdir wheezy
    # cd wheezy
    # lb config
    # cp ~/kernel.binary config/hooks

"kernel.binary" is a script to rename vmlinuz and initrd.img so that choosing "Live" in the boot menu works properly. The script is executable, and I know it's working by the fact that I can get past the initial boot screen.

I then set things up to use the live boot/live config tools from sid by pinning them in config/chroot_apt/preferences:

Package: live-boot live-boot-initramfs-tools live-config live-config-sysvinit
    Pin: release n=sid
    Pin-Priority: 1001

    Package: *
    Pin: release n=sid
    Pin-Priority: 1

I have confirmed that the pinning works. I also added

    deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian sid main

to config/archives/sid.list.chroot.

Then:

    # lb build

This /should/ produce a functioning live wheezy system. However, the resulting binary-hybrid.iso gives the same errors as I have described several times in the past. I even repeated the process with udev pinned to sid as well (as per a response earlier in this thread) with the same result.

Can anyone reproduce this behaviour?