Re: I tried to boot you Live Wheezy ISO and IMG

Hello,

> That being said, yes, you did refer to
> debian-wheezy-live-a2-amd64-lxde-desktop.iso, and you said you have a
> Radeon 6520G GPU, so we could find out which kernel and xorg packages
> would be used. However, not everyone trying to provide help to you here
> may have the a2 release on hand or know offhand which versions are
> included, which is why you were being requested to provide those details.

I suspect the problem is related to the non-free firmware being
required for newer Radeon cards in Wheezy. (It will die when
modesetting kicks in) I'm not going to regurgitate everything that I
found for this, but I wrote it up here:

http://reversemidastouch.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/debian-wheezy-fresh-install.html

Google would have also pointed you in this direction. Briefly, at the
Grub prompt, add radeon.modeset=0 to the end of your default boot
line.

Then ensure that the firmware-linux-nonfree is installed. Reboot and
it should work.

Hope this helps,

tng