Re: I tried to boot you Live Wheezy ISO and IMG

"This might be a problem with the kernel or the X server. You did not
provide much information about the kernel and xserver-xorg-* packages
used nor any errors that might appear in kernel and X server logs.
Your problem is likely specific to your hardware so nobody else can
see what is wrong unless you can provide the information, here or
anywhere else."

You don't know what X server or kernel you provide with your live-wheezy iso and img files?
Yours won't even boot, so what logs should I be looking for?
I ran lour live whhezy disk in a virtual box only to find there's no installer.
I installed the debian installer through synaptic.  When I ran it, the screen when black.

I have no problems with linux mint debian edition which is built upon debian wheezy.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Michal Suchanek <hramrach@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

On 21 October 2012 14:49, Deidre Elizabeth <deeinmetrodc@gmail.com> wrote:
> All I get for my trouble is a screen full of pixilated colors.  And when I
> run it it a virtual box, there's no way to install it!  I tried the
> debian-wheezy-live-a2-amd64-lxde-desktop.iso and img
>
> I tried to boot from usb and dvd, same mess.  When I tried failsafe boot I
> got a bunch of errors about usb ports and then the installer crashed.
>
> I tried to boot this on a Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5104 laptop that has an
> AMD A6 Vision Quad-Core CPU and an on chip AMD Radeon 6520G GPU.  I have 6
> gigs ram.
>
> I get the same problem when I try to install the usual debain wheezy disks,
> after the install completes and the computer boots I get the same pixilated
> color mess.

As you have observed this is a problem not specific to debian-live so
it is unlikely you will get much help here.

Please report bugs in Debian packages unrelated to debian-live in the
debian bug tracking system or try to use a general Debian mailing list
or irc.

> I posted a request for help in the debian forums and so far no one has any
> advice.  Debian squeeze live cd boots up and installs and after install
> botts ok.
>
> Also Linux Mint Debian Edition, which is based on debian wheezy installs and
> boots without any problems.

This might be a problem with the kernel or the X server. You did not
provide much information about the kernel and xserver-xorg-* packages
used nor any errors that might appear in kernel and X server logs.
Your problem is likely specific to your hardware so nobody else can
see what is wrong unless you can provide the information, here or
anywhere else.

HTH

Michal