Re: Decision 1 - Moving live mounts to subdirectory within /lib/live

On 10/03/2012 09:30 AM, Mark Schneider wrote:
> Thank you for you answer Ben. Please apologize for my different opinion
> and expectations.

I don't think you ought to feel you need to make apology for holding
different opinions or having different expectations. :)

I just hope you understand that while we do appreciate the testing that
our users put into pre-releases, and the sometimes aggravating tendency
for things to change without warning during the turbulent development
cycle leading up to a release, as developers, we place a high value on
ensuring that each stable release contains our best efforts. Our
motivation for asking for input about these decisions is "do we really
have a structure that makes sense and we'll be happy with for the
lifetime of the upcoming release?" Now is the time to make changes,
because once stable is released, that's it. No more changes in 3.x once
it becomes the new stable, short of critical/security bug fixes.

Ben