Re: Vanillux live iso

On 16 August 2011 00:27, Fabrice Quenneville <fabrice@vanillux.org> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Here is what i mean by someone like me could see live-build broken by
> design:
> Left make these assumptions:
>
> User wants a custom live cd's and has packages on his own repo (lets assume
> in this case its a debian + model, all he wants is his own packages added to
> debian)
> User only read the man pages (now web browser user is in CLI)
>
> Now a user having only read the man page dosent know that he has to go in
> any special mode to really customise the CD all he knows from what he read
> is:
> From the man page Live build seams to have options for every stage for both
> the parent (based on distro) and the derivative (codename bob):
>
> Debootstrap both parent (ex based on wheezy) and the derivative (ex codename
> bob) trough : --parent-mirror-bootstrap(URL)/--parent-distribution(Codename)
> && --mirror-bootstrap(URL)/--distribution(codename)
> Chroot : --parent-mirror-chroot(URL)/--parent-distribution(Codename)
> && --mirror-chroot(URL)/--distribution(codename)
> Binary: --parent-mirror-binary(URL)/--parent-distribution(Codename)
> && --mirror-binary(URL)/--distribution(codename)
> D-I: --parent-mirror-debian-installer(URL)/--parent-debian-installer-distribution(Codename)
> && /--debian-installer-distribution(Codename)
>
> But thats not truly possible. You will never be able to customize the 8
> different sources of software at the same time. But some users might want
> it, you might judge that they shouldn't but why not make it possible ? I
> seams the code is all already there its just been
> comparmentalised trough the derivative option so that the user cant play
> with all the settings himself ...
> Thats what i mean by its broken...
> Anyway im adding vmlinuz as we speak to our rrepo. But i will look at the
> code later to see if i could enable all parameters for users that might want
> that, maybe trought a 3rd mode : custom or something.

Currently I do this by using the primary Debian mirror and adding
custom sources in config/archives.
If there was an option to add a custom source that would cover images
which I was doing when Squeeze was fresh and I did not pull packages
from Sid. Now I would need a third source for Wheezy/Sid anyway so it
would not be that much help setting my local repo as 'derivative'.

Thanks

Michal