Log says 'maybe failed'

Hi all,
      Newbie to live.debian.net . I tried getting a Live CD/DVD with
my requirements :-

http://live-build.debian.net/build/20110209.085734.385135071/build

I got 2 failures as seen in the log  :-

http://live-build.debian.net/build/20110209.085734.385135071/log

a. Something about the Realtek drivers not happening :-

update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-amd64
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168d-2.fw for
module r8169
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168d-1.fw for
module r8169

b. Some issue with grub :-

Setting up grub-pc (1.98+20100804-14) ...

Creating config file /etc/default/grub with new version
grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for / (is /dev mounted?).
grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for /boot (is /dev mounted?).
grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for /boot/grub (is /dev mounted?).
Setting up grub (0.97-64) ...
cp: cannot stat `chroot/usr/lib/grub/*/stage2_eltorito': No such file
or directory
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...

Can grub cannot play/work with Live CD/DVDs ?

Another query was when I choose grub why did the debian-installer
option because false ?

Can't the Debian-installer work with grub ?

I don't know much but I do know that grub is a pretty good boot-loader
and debian-installer is an application I need if I want to install
from the Live CD/DVD  to a desktop/laptop .

Maybe the options I chose weren't correct. From a newbie perspective
its not easy to know what has gone wrong in the log perhaps something
can be done to prettify or make the more useful things stand out with
possible options for the user to take action on.

Another thing I had heard you could also get a proper kernel compiled
in say the 2.6.37 pre-emptible with 1000 Hz in-built to the DVD/CD .
Can this be done?

Lastly, can anybody share a successful build story so I know what it
looks like.

Looking forward for information.
--
          Regards,