Re: Log says 'maybe failed'

2011/2/9 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,

Greetings,

>      Newbie to live.debian.net . I tried getting a Live CD/DVD with
> my requirements :-
>
> http://live-build.debian.net/build/20110209.085734.385135071/build
>
> I got 2 failures as seen in the log  :-
>
> http://live-build.debian.net/build/20110209.085734.385135071/log

Confirmed.

> a. Something about the Realtek drivers not happening :-
>
> update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-amd64
> W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168d-2.fw for
> module r8169
> W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168d-1.fw for
> module r8169
>
> b. Some issue with grub :-
>
> Setting up grub-pc (1.98+20100804-14) ...
>
> Creating config file /etc/default/grub with new version
> grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for / (is /dev mounted?).
> grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for /boot (is /dev mounted?).
> grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for /boot/grub (is /dev mounted?).
> Setting up grub (0.97-64) ...
> cp: cannot stat `chroot/usr/lib/grub/*/stage2_eltorito': No such file
> or directory
> P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
>
> Can grub cannot play/work with Live CD/DVDs ?

I do not think ready yet and I would just tell you to use syslinux.

> Another query was when I choose grub why did the debian-installer
> option because false ?

false is the form default. Change the option to true if you want d-i.

> Can't the Debian-installer work with grub ?

If you are asking if d-i can install grub. Yes.

> I don't know much but I do know that grub is a pretty good boot-loader
> and debian-installer is an application I need if I want to install
> from the Live CD/DVD  to a desktop/laptop .
>
> Maybe the options I chose weren't correct. From a newbie perspective
> its not easy to know what has gone wrong in the log perhaps something
> can be done to prettify or make the more useful things stand out with
> possible options for the user to take action on.

I did not do another build but first just choose syslinux and not grub.

Try build again and see what your results are.