Re: Problems booting live system from usb

On 09/14/2010 04:04 AM, Frank Zambrini wrote:
> mkdir /media/liveboot/debian_live
> mount -o loop binary-hybrid.iso /mnt
> cp /mnt/live/* /media/liveboot/debian_live  (I checked the md5sums to

from your live media point of view, filesystem.squashfs now resides in
/debian_live where live-boot does not find it.

live-boot, unless told otherwise with live-media-path, only looks in /live.

either adjust the location, or use live-media-path. see man live-boot
for more information.

>  initrd /debian_live/initrd.img boot=live live-config xdebconf debug
> live-media-path=/debian_live/ live-media=removable-usb

xdebconf is not used in live-boot, you might want to remove that one.

> Since my last message I have tried a few different images and all have
> the same problem. The first image was and old lenny+kde iso that I
> downloaded from the archives about 6 months ago
> (debian-live-503-amd64-kde-desktop.iso).

always try the newest ones.. for lenny, that is 5.0.6...

> The other image is the latest squeeze build from the archives
> (debian-live-60alpha1-i386-standard.iso) and it suffers the same problem.

...and for squeeze that is 6.0alpha2.