Re: feedback on live-helper web-frontend

On 06/21/2010 11:56 PM, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Is there a package where I can file this as a wishlist bug and get
> notified when it is implemented? Would live-helper be the right
> package?

yes. that would be priority wishlist, and it would be nice if you could
prefix the subject with 'cgi:' for a better overwview on the bugs page.

> I am not quite sure how much of the web interface is in
> debian unstable yet.

the whole of it :)

> Is it possible to choose two package lists in
> http://live-helper.debian.net/cgi-bin/live-helper at all? My initial
> goal was to have an USB stick that would be as identical as possible

currently not, no.

> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current-live/i386/usb-hdd/debian-live-504-i386-gnome-desktop.img
>
> but would default to the finnish keyboard layout. I was thus looking
> for a single "gnome-desktop" package list and got confused when four
> different options where offered.

no offence, but that sounds like using the big iron to solve a very
small problem. how about writing the image to the stick, mounting it,
and adding the necessary parameter in syslinux/live.cfg.

> I meant a description of what things like "gnome-core" and
> "gnome-full" are. Neither "man lh_config" nor
> http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html-single/live-manual.html even
> mention "gnome-core".

those are supposed to be covered in the manual at some point, but that's
not yet done.

> Is there a bug report for it?

several, yes, such as #583485, #584075, and #584967.