feedback on live-helper web-frontend

Hi,

here's some feedback on the live-helper web-frontend instance running
at
http://live-helper.debian.net/cgi-bin/live-helperhttp://live-helper.debian.net/cgi-bin/live-helper

1) Please mention http://live-helper.debian.net/cgi-bin/live-helper in
the email that is sent. Since building image can take a while users
can easily forget the url of the web-frontend..

2) Please indicate (both in the email and in the web page) clearly
where feedback should be sent. The web page has

"Debian Live Project <debian-live@lists.debian.org> - Legal information"

but this is a developer list. Are you expecting end-user feedback
there? If yes, please consider reformatting it to read

"To send feedback please subscribe to the debian-live mailing list at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-live/ and mail it to
debian-live@lists.debian.org"

3) Add an option to specify default keyboard layout. I think this
should just use

--bootappend "keyb=XX"

4) http://live.debian.net/README.images says that the official

debian-live-${DIST}-${ARCH}-gnome-desktop

is created using "-p gnome-desktop". The web interface offers gnome,
gnome-core, gnome-full and gnome-junior. Does any of these match the
official gnome-desktop image?

Is there some documentation also available for the other package list
options?

5) Consider also including html version of the lh_config manual page
and also a link to http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/

6) Include estimation of image size. Many people still have 1GB usb
sticks.

7) Since the build expires in 24 hours, please include all the options
that were used to create the image also in the email and/or the image
itself so that users can report bugs later more easily.

8) http://live-helper.debian.net/build/20100620.114901.935576434/binary.img

does not let me login. I tried user/user, user/"", root/"", root/root
, user/live, root/live. The boot shows

Begin: Adding live session user ... pwconv: failed to change the mode of /etc/pa
sswd- to 0600
adduser: Only one or two names allowed.
chpasswd: (user ) pam_chauthtok() failed, error:
Authentication token manipulation error
chpasswd: (line 1, user ) password not changed
The default user (user) is not present,

Since the above url expires soon here's a copy of the build file:

# live-helper.cgi "" build file
# Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:49:01 -0500

_BUILD="20100620.114901.935576434"
_EMAIL="timo.lindfors@iki.fi"

# Standard options
LH_BINARY_IMAGES="usb-hdd"
LH_DISTRIBUTION="squeeze"
LH_PACKAGES_LISTS="standard"
LH_PACKAGES=""

# Advanced bootstrap options
LH_ARCHITECTURE="i386"
LH_MIRROR_BOOTSTRAP="http://localhost/debian/";
LH_MIRROR_BINARY_SECURITY="http://security.debian.org/";
LH_MIRROR_BINARY="http://localhost/debian/";
LH_ARCHIVE_AREAS="main"

# Advanced chroot options
LH_CHROOT_FILESYSTEM="squashfs"
LH_LINUX_FLAVOURS="486"
LH_SECURITY="true"
LH_SYMLINKS="false"
LH_SYSVINIT="false"

# Advanced binary options
LH_BINARY_INDICES="true"
LH_BOOTAPPEND=""
LH_BOOTLOADER="syslinux"
LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER="false"
LH_ENCRYPTION=""
LH_HOSTNAME="debian"
LH_ISO_APPLICATION="Debian Live"
LH_ISO_PREPARER="live-helper; http://packages.qa.debian.org/live-helper";
LH_ISO_PUBLISHER="Debian Live project; http://live.debian.net/; debian-live"
LH_ISO_VOLUME="Debian Live 20100620-11:44"
LH_MEMTEST="memtest86"
LH_NET_ROOT_PATH="/srv/debian-live"
LH_NET_ROOT_SERVER="192.168.1.1"
LH_USERNAME="user"