Re: feedback on live-helper web-frontend

Hi,

Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> writes:
> no, it's the list of all users/developers/$whatever regarding debian-live.

Ok, I wasn't exactly sure since it is under "Developers" in
http://lists.debian.org/

>> 3) Add an option to specify default keyboard layout. I think this
>> should just use
>>
>> --bootappend "keyb=XX"
>
> not anymore since live-boot/live-config (it's
> live-config.keyboard-layouts=foo there).
>
> anyhow, until there's an improved html form for it with the online help,
> the users need to include such things manually in --bootappend under
> 'Advanced binary options' in the form.

Is there a package where I can file this as a wishlist bug and get
notified when it is implemented? Would live-helper be the right
package? I am not quite sure how much of the web interface is in
debian unstable yet.

> gnome-desktop is not an acutal list within live-helper, it's a shortcut for:
>
>   * gnome and standard-x11 packageslists

Is it possible to choose two package lists in
http://live-helper.debian.net/cgi-bin/live-helper at all? My initial
goal was to have an USB stick that would be as identical as possible

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current-live/i386/usb-hdd/debian-live-504-i386-gnome-desktop.img

but would default to the finnish keyboard layout. I was thus looking
for a single "gnome-desktop" package list and got confused when four
different options where offered.

>> Is there some documentation also available for the other package list
>> options?
>
> not sure what you mean here.

I meant a description of what things like "gnome-core" and
"gnome-full" are. Neither "man lh_config" nor
http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html-single/live-manual.html even
mention "gnome-core".

>> 8) http://live-helper.debian.net/build/20100620.114901.935576434/binary.img
>>
>> does not let me login. I tried user/user, user/"", root/"", root/root
>> , user/live, root/live. The boot shows
>
> this is a know issue (live-initramfs is broken in squeeze/sid, and
> replaced by live-boot and live-config, which was uploaded more than a
> month ago, but ftp-masters apparently decided to not process it).

Is there a bug report for it?

best regards,
Timo Lindfors