Re: Problems with GRUB

On 03/30/2010 07:22 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
The bad think about doing it in grub-installer is that it wouldn't
cover other bootloaders. I think it ought to be done in apt-install
(that is inside of d-i-utils) so we could have something like: "assume
installed" preseeding that could be used for it. And then
live-installer would be responsable for preseeding it if needed.

What do you think?

sounds perfect ;)

(jftr)

..especially because then we can just skip the installation of the kernel the same way, which saves (if no netinst image compatibility is needed) another 50 to 100mb in the final image size.