Re: on the fly modules adding and removal

On Thursday 20 November 2008 08:00:36 Michael Prokop wrote:
> * Marco Amadori <amadorim@vdavda.com> wrote:
> > This is already supported by the boot parameter "module=" since more than
> > one year, although nobody uses it since that cause live-helper does not
> > help in creating this kind of images and thus it could have be regressed.
>
> JFYI: We at grml use module=... for multiboot, see
> http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=tips#multiboot_usb_pen
> So: works fine. :)

Really Nice to hear that, and nice howto you created.

Maybe it could be time for Debian Live to to spot this feature, to have
multiarch DVD or multiarch rescues at least :-)

One of the initial goals of this feature is to permit incremental builds of
images, to have a squashfs for a base system and another one that give full
Kde, so at bootime one can choose different target rootfs and at build time the
base system could be used to build kde, gnome, rescue and other flavours in a
incremental way.

--
ESC:wq