Re: No such file or directory reported by df

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:57:21 +0100, Marco Amadori wrote:

>> df: `/001-base.squashfs': No such file or directory df:
>> `/002-vars.squashfs': No such file or directory
>
> look at /proc/mounts, df looks at /etc/mtab which is still misaligned
> and manually crafted.

Here is the /proc/mounts:

$ cat /proc/mounts
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
none /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0
none /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0
udev /dev tmpfs rw,size=10240k,mode=755 0 0
/dev/scd0 /live/image iso9660 ro,noatime 0 0
/dev/loop0 /001-base.squashfs squashfs ro,noatime 0 0
/dev/loop1 /002-vars.squashfs squashfs ro,noatime 0 0
. . .

Is this normal? How can I get rid of the "No such file or directory"
error? Ahh, I use the nfsbooted package. Might that be the reason?

>> . . .
>
> mmm, the good side effect of this mtab bug is the confirm that the whole
> multiple filesystem thing ("stackable fs" dev buzzword) still works,
> even if not tested since a looooot of time, good to hear :-)

Yes, it works fine. Actually, I've put about 7 filesystems under /live
and they all stack up nicely. This "modularity" is the best feature that
I like about Slax, and I'm glad that is now available in Debian. One of
the most obvious advantages is that it makes remastering an existing live
CD super easy. (BTW, thanks mika, since I saw you here, because my
current system is built on top of your grml).

cheers

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/