Debian live with a newer kernel?

On Jun 19, 2007, at 10:29 AM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> well, it's pretty easy.. do
>
> 	# make-live -p gnome-desktop --linux-flavour 686
>
> and be done with it, so i would not worry too much with manually
> changing stuff.

   Hmm.  I'm seeing a problem here.  If I do:

# make-live -p standard -k 686

   *or* I leave out the "-k 686" argument, I get a bunch of output
that looks good, then after it configures sources.list, and kernel-
img.conf, and appears to do an apt-get update, I see:

Building tag database... Done
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "linux-
image-2.6-686"
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "unionfs-
modules-2.6-686"
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "squashfs-
modules-2.6-686"
The following NEW packages will be automatically installed:
   busybox file initramfs-tools klibc-utils libklibc libmagic1
libvolume-id0
   sudo udev user-setup
   busybox casper file initramfs-tools klibc-utils libklibc libmagic1
   libvolume-id0 sudo udev user-setup
0 packages upgraded, 11 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1601kB of archives. After unpacking 5436kB will be used.

   So, it's not finding a kernel.  Any quick thoughts as to why this
is?  I'll go into make-live and figure out what it's doing, but...

                                    - Chris