Debian live with a newer kernel?

Chris Ross wrote:
> It looks like looking into what I can do with live-helper
> is the right "next step,"

well, it's pretty easy.. do

	# make-live -p gnome-desktop --linux-flavour 686

and be done with it, so i would not worry too much with manually
changing stuff.

> As it happens, I'm building this
> ISO on an Ubuntu (6.06.1 LTS) system.

> Does live-helper want you to
> be taking things off of the local system?

nope, as everything is done in chroot; you only need a shell,
live-helper and (cdebootstrap or debootstrap).

note about ubuntu: if you use LH_MODE="ubuntu" (resp. --mode ubuntu),
you can also build ubuntu live cds. and also note, that ubuntu does sync
from debian in a manuall fashion, means, you should always use the
current version from debian sid, not the one from ubuntu.

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net