make-live (alone) fails to work
- Subject: make-live (alone) fails to work
- From: Frederic.Lehobey at free.fr (Frederic Lehobey)
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:24:33 +0200
- Message-id: <20070530122433.GB5699@melusine>
- In-reply-to: <465BFA01.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20070529095256.GA5243@melusine> <465BFA01.email@example.com>
On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 12:01:37PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> asking on the list is fine, however, it doesn't really matter anyway.
> atm, -live-devel is more like a -live-everything list :)
> > Begin: Mounting root file system... ...
> > /init: .: 150: Can't open /scripts/live
> > Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
> you used LH_INITRAMFS=live-initramfs but live-initramfs is not installed
> in your chroot.
> if you use etch and LH_INITRAMFS=live-initramfs, you need to make sure
> you have a repository in your sources.list which contains
> live-initramfs. look at e.g.
> /usr/share/live-helper/examples/sources/live-backports on how to do it best.
That was it. Thanks for the explanation. Still digging a bit
further. (Once I am sure I understand things better, I will update the
Wiki page where I believe it is needed...)