make-live (alone) fails to work
- Subject: make-live (alone) fails to work
- From: daniel at debian.org (Daniel Baumann)
- Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:01:37 +0200
- Message-id: <465BFA01.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20070529095256.GA5243@melusine>
- References: <20070529095256.GA5243@melusine>
Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> So would you like that I report problems
> in the BTS first (for further archiving) or is simply raising
> questions on this list OK?
asking on the list is fine, however, it doesn't really matter anyway.
> (Some of my future questions might be more for a debian-live-users
> list than for the BTS.)
atm, -live-devel is more like a -live-everything list :)
> Begin: Mounting root file system... ...
> /init: .: 150: Can't open /scripts/live
> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
you used LH_INITRAMFS=live-initramfs but live-initramfs is not installed
in your chroot.
if you use etch and LH_INITRAMFS=live-initramfs, you need to make sure
you have a repository in your sources.list which contains
live-initramfs. look at e.g.
/usr/share/live-helper/examples/sources/live-backports on how to do it best.
Address: Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email: daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net