Re: [RFC/PATCH] New Lintian::Output module

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 06:40:15PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Jordà Polo wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 12:51:44PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> >> Btw, why would it be any useful to print them until the whole package is
> >> processed? I would find printing them after every check script is run
> >> better.
> >
> > The current lintian output is thought to be human-readable _and_
> > machine-parseable. I think it would be interesting to have some sort of
> > output more focused on the former. It could be used when a packager only
> > wants to check only a small number of packages, and it would be similar
> > to the website in terms of how the information is structured.
>
> Hmm, right. Maybe output "formaters" should be able to indicate at what
> point of the process they want to act/be called.

Nah, no need to expose that to the outside. As I said, adding
calls to defined methods at the start and end of each package and
check and defining them empty for Lintian::Output should suffice.

The formatters can then override these methods if they need to.

But maybe that was what you meant anway.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/