Re: [RFC/PATCH] New Lintian::Output module

Jordà Polo wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 12:51:44PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> Btw, why would it be any useful to print them until the whole package is
>> processed? I would find printing them after every check script is run
>> better.
>
> The current lintian output is thought to be human-readable _and_
> machine-parseable. I think it would be interesting to have some sort of
> output more focused on the former. It could be used when a packager only
> wants to check only a small number of packages, and it would be similar
> to the website in terms of how the information is structured.

Hmm, right. Maybe output "formaters" should be able to indicate at what
point of the process they want to act/be called.

> There is more than one way to display it, though. For example, one
> option would be to "sort" by tag:
>
>   error: debian-changelog-file-missing [serious, certain]
>    * package1: extra info
>    * package2: ...
>
> But note that this is just another crazy idea (or not?). I don't know if
> such an output will be acceptable to be included in lintian.

Why wouldn't it be? acceptable doesn't mean default ;)

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.