Re: FRR package in Debian violates the GPL licence

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019, Ole Streicher wrote:

Paul Jakma <paul@jakma.org> writes:
On Wed, 20 Mar 2019, Ole Streicher wrote:
#include <log.h>
int main(void) { zlog_rotate(); return 0; }

This work is completely based on my own, there is no intellectual property of someone else in my source code.

Except for the big "zlog_rotate" there that you're building on, provides all the functionality, and which must be understood to understand what this programme does.

Read Giacomo's email, with the fan fiction example.

Anyway, the advice I have is that the code at issue is a derived work of GPL code I hold copyright in, and it must be distributed under the terms of the GPL.

You have a view of copyright which seems at odds with the legal opinions I'm aware of and there's no point us going in circles on that.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune: