Re: FRR package in Debian violates the GPL licence

Paul Jakma <paul@jakma.org> writes:
> On Wed, 20 Mar 2019, Ole Streicher wrote:
>
>> Paul Jakma <paul@jakma.org> writes:
>>>>

>> This work is completely based on my own, there is no intellectual
>> property of someone else in my source code.
>
> Except for the big "zlog_rotate" there that you're building on,
> provides all the functionality, and which must be understood to
> understand what this programme does.

I do not build on anything. I wrote two lines of code. I even didn't
check whether it compiles.

*If* you are building a program out of that (compiling, linking with GPL
code), then the program should be under GPL, undoubtly.

But this is not what I did. I just wrote some source code, without using
external intellectual property. So, I am free to distribute that code
under any license I want. I did not use GPL code to write my example, so
I can't be bound to its conditions when I distribute my writing.

Best

Ole