Re: Upstream GPL-3+ vs debian/* GPL-2+

Le Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 05:43:09PM +0100, Ian Jackson a écrit :
> > Thanks a lot for your reply Charles. But I am a bit confuse... Is the
> > debian/ a derivative work from upstream code? If yes, must be the
> > license GPL-3+ or not?
>
> No, it is not a derivative work.  (Except for debian/patches/ if you
> use that, but that's presumably not what you mean.)

Yes, sorry for not being clear: by « if combined » I meant debian/patches.

I agree with Ian that a permissive license is the most helpful in general.

For the patches to upstream, while a permissive license will always be
compatible, it may be better to use the same license as upstream, to simplify
their work.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy