Re: Upstream GPL-3+ vs debian/* GPL-2+

> Thanks a lot for your reply Charles. But I am a bit confuse... Is the
> debian/ a derivative work from upstream code? If yes, must be the
> license GPL-3+ or not?

No, it is not a derivative work.  (Except for debian/patches/ if you
use that, but that's presumably not what you mean.)

> I didn't understand the fact of the upstream use GPL-3+ and debian/
> can be GPL-2+ or other because I am thinking about derivative work.

See my other mail.  I think it is best to make your debian/ files MIT
licenced (or some other very permissive licence).

There seems to be little point making them GPL2+ if the bulk of the
package is GPL3+.

Ian.