Re: Upstream GPL-3+ vs debian/* GPL-2+

Charles and Ian, thanks for explanations.

Now, I would like to understand why the packaging isn't a derivative
work (when haven't a patch). So, I am thinking that is because Debian
distributes, separately, the upstream code (orig.tar.gz) and
debian.tar.xz. Is this? But, the .deb is a product of the junction of
these files. So, I am confused. Can you clarify me this issue?

Thanks,

Eriberto