Re: PHP licence SFLC questions draft v4

Hi,

First, thanks a lot to Ian for working on this draft, which (I think)
provides a nice summary of the situation around the PHP license.

On 21/08/14 at 19:49 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> (2014-08-21):
> > Draft question for SFLC:
> > (there are no changes since v3 apart from fixes to the numbering of
> > some section cross-references)
> >

> > Some members of the Debian project have some concerns about the PHP
> > licence.  These worries are dismissed by other members and by relevant
> > upstreams.  We would like some advice.
> >
> > We are concerned here with the PHP 3.01 Licences, which can be
> > found here: http://php.net/license/3_01.txt
>
> I might have missed them, but I don't think there were any replies to
> Charles' question in <20140801231037.GA8177@falafel.plessy.net>.
>
> Who are “some members” and “we”?

That's indeed a very good point, which I already raised with Ian earlier
this month. Ftpmasters are the ones responsible for making decisions
about acceptable software licenses in Debian. The advice provided by
SFLC is extremely valuable to us, and should generally be followed, but
it's still only advice.

So I'll wait for Ftpmasters (Cced) to review and ACK the current draft
before forwarding those questions to SFLC, to ensure that the questions
accurately match and cover our concerns.

Lucas