Re: Upstream GPL-3+ vs debian/* GPL-2+

> if your packaging work contains copyrightable parts (note that some typical
> files in debian directories are definitely trivial and therefore
> non-copyrightable), then their license need to be compatible with the upstream
> sources if they are combined in the same work.  The GPL-2+ is compatible with
> the GPL-3+, because the “+” means “or (at your option) any later version”.
> Without that clause, the GPLv3 and the GPLv2 are not compatible.

Thanks a lot for your reply Charles. But I am a bit confuse... Is the
debian/ a derivative work from upstream code? If yes, must be the
license GPL-3+ or not?

I didn't understand the fact of the upstream use GPL-3+ and debian/
can be GPL-2+ or other because I am thinking about derivative work.

Thanks!

Eriberto