Re: data and software licence incompatabilities?

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:55:33PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> CC licenses may be "perfectly fine" in *your* opinion.
> Apparently in many other people's opinion, too.
> But they are not in *my* opinion.

Sorry, this was not *my* opinion, it was *Debian*'s opinion. This *is*
debian-legal, isn't it?

> I think I have a right to have my own opinion and to express it
> publicly, as long as I clearly describe it as my *own personal* opinion.

Sorry, this is debian-legal. Let's stick to that. If you want to
continue talking about CC licenses, please start a new thread and talk
about it there. Don't clutter up every thread with your opinions, which
are counter to Debian.

> I just said that, if all files were licensed in a mutually compatible
> manner, there would be no doubt about possible license compatibility
> issues. Which should be quite obvious, shouldn't it?

This is like saying (to take a quote from a TV show) "The Banana Stand
that won't make you sick and kill you" is a fine thing to say, it should
be quite obvious, right?

The fact of the matter is by saying something will remove doubt, you
assume there *is* doubt. Which there isn't.

I'm seriously out of this thread :)

-T

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>