kamailio tls module and GPL openssl linking exception

Hello,

I'm the maintainer of the Kamailio package and I would like to push
the inclusion of the openssl linking exception to upstream but I'm not
sure about what parts of the upstream program should be changed in
order to satisfy the GPL.

Kamailio is a project with more that 10 years of existence and it's
almost impossible to contact every single author of every single part
of the program, but
AFAIK it's quite possible to be able to add the exception to the core
of the program.

Kamailio runs with a core process that loads the user's configured
plugins. The tls module is the only module that needs openssl to run.
This module provides the ability to use a TLS transport and the core
process is the one that creates and maintains the different
transports.

For sure that any plugin can use the provided transports, but all of
them are using the core functions/structures to connect. They never
connect directly to the tls module by themselves.

Modules are being packaged by groups and the tls module will have it's
own package. The kamailio program can be used without the tls module.

Upstream is willing to add the openssl exception to core files but we
want to be sure that this is enough to satisfy the GPL.

Thanks in advance,
Victor Seva

http://people.gnome.org/~markmc/openssl-and-the-gpl.html
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLAndPlugins