Re: dxsamples: New upstream version 4.4.0 available
Hi Debian Legal
The previous maintainer of dxsamples felt that the license of some of
the examples added in more recent versions made it unsuitable for
distribution in Debian.
Below is the license of one of the new files, util/biorad-pic. I would
appreciate your opinion on this matter please.
The full source (7.8MB) can be downloaded after filling in a
registration form from opendx.org , or from one of the other
distributions that package OpenDX samples, e.g. Fedora , FreeBSD, or
Gentoo. The file should have the md5 sum e8f43722ca0a66282608bded7c0e4f93.
* (C) Visualization and Imagery Solutions, Inc. 2002
* Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
* documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
* provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
* both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
* supporting documentation, and that the name of VIS not be
* used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the
* software without specific prior written permission.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
* EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
* WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
* VIS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING
* ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL VIS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT
* OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS
* OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE
* OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE
* OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.