compatibility of OpenSSL and GPL'ed plugins

Let's consider a program, released under a MIT/X11 license and linked
with OpenSSL. Some GPL'ed plugins (which are dlopen'ed at run time) are
distributed with the program.
Is distribution of this package a GPL violation?
The plugins are actually a modified version of standalone applications,
so I'm not sure if they could be considered derived works of the
program, but then I'm not sure if this is relevant at all.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [7165 erXciRgTCHhbw]