Re: a Free Platform License?

"Clark C. Evans" <cce@clarkevans.com> writes:

> Free Software Problems: I think this is a free software license, and
> if it isn't, let's fix it.

I think your desired effects for the license are not compatible with
software freedom, as discussed earlier.

> Did I miss anything? I'd prefer to continue this very helpful
> discussion if those on debian-legal would be willing to continue to
> hear me out.

I don't think this is the forum for hashing out a new license text. This
is a forum for discussing the legal effects of *works* in Debian.

So far, you only seem interested in writing a new license (which, even
if it were free, is something we strongly discourage). That's not a good
use of this forum. Please take it elsewhere.

--
 \      “My interest is in the future, as I am going to spend the rest |
  `\                          of my life there.” —Charles F. Kettering |