Re: a Free Platform License?

Le mardi 29 novembre 2011 à 17:38 +0100, Bernhard R. Link a écrit :
> Say I have a blog, that is created by some software. Assume that
> software contains AGPL code. Am I allowed to run a server that only
> serves my blog without paying for anything or anyone else?
> With AGPL the answer is no. Thus I consider it non-free.

Yes, first because you have not modified the AGPL software. But even if
you did modify it, and even if your blog supports the remote network
interaction all you have to do is to offer to provide source code. For
instance, see section 6 d) or e).
--
Hugo Roy                           im: hugo@jabber.fsfe.org
  French Coordinator               mobile: +33.6 0874 1341

The Free Software Foundation Europe works to create general
understanding and support for software freedom in politics, law,
business and society. Become a Fellow http://www.fsfe.org/join

La Free Software Foundation Europe œuvre à la compréhension et au
soutien de la liberté logicielle en politique, en droit, en économie et
en société. Rejoignez la Fellowship http://www.fsfe.org/join