Re: "re" module and old Python 1.6 (GPL incompatible) license?

* Anderson Lizardo:

> I noticed that some files of the "re" module still have the (GPL
> incompatible) 1.6 license notice. Is that on purpose or
> unintentionally forgotten?

It is generally assumed that the PSF license grant in the LICENSE file
overrides all the other licenses that apply to individual parts of the
collection.  That is, you can ignore all licenses in the license
stack, except the PSF license.  I think we have discussed this
previously.

I don't think this situation is particularly desirable, but it is
unlikely to be solvable because one of the copyright holders
(BeOpen.com) has apparently ceased to exist as a legal entity.