Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

"Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <jordigh@gmail.com> writes:

> Anyways, I don't think the good intentions are misguided here,
> unless you want to argue that the GPL itself is misguided. The two
> licenses are nearly identical, after all.

If the two licenses are "nearly identical", then surely the difference
in the effect of the license terms is important enough that the FSF
promotes the AGPL on the basis of that difference. To do otherwise is
to argue against the very license proliferation to which we are
(hopefully) united in our opposition.

So, whatever the difference in effect is, it's clearly significant
enough to examine the new license on the merit of its significantly
different effect.

--
 \                       “Holy human pressure cookers, Batman!” —Robin |
Ben Finney