Re: [Fwd: Re: [gNewSense-users] PFV call for help.]

Hi,

Francesco Poli schrieb:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:23:08 +0100 Francesco Poli wrote:
>
> [...]
>> *If* the clause really requires surrendering copyright in order to
>> create and distribute a derivative work, then it's non-free since it
>> requires a fee in exchange for the permission to create/distribute
>> derivative works.
>
> I forgot to add my usual disclaimers, I'm thus doing so now:
> IANAL, TINLA, IANADD, TINASOTODP.

Just wondering: Is there a legal system on earth that would accept a
disclaimer like "TINLA"?

One, it is probably not intelligible to people coming to this list for
legal advice. A disclaimer that can't be understood by its target
audience shouldn't have legal meaning.

Two, this disclaimer tries to force its own judgement onto the legal
system. If the statement you are referring to is legal advice (which is
a question of legal interpretation), you shouldn't be able to define it
away post factum. A pipe is a pipe, even if you put a sign "This is not
a pipe" beneath it.

Michael Below
Rechtsanwalt