[Fwd: Re: [gNewSense-users] PFV call for help.]

Hi Debian-legal.
We (gNewSense) just had someone report [3] two clauses in the krb5 (source) package. [1] has its current (Sid) copyright file.
I dont see a bug about it, so i'm asking if someone could look at the licence and say if they think the clauses are DFSG free or not?

Thanks in advance,
karl.

[1] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/k/krb5/krb5_1.6.dfsg.3~beta1-2/copyright
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?ordering=normal;archive=both;version=;dist=unstable;package=krb5;repeatmerged=1
[3] Email to gnewsense-users follows:

... I think the license of krb5
(http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/k/krb5/krb5_1.4.3-5ubuntu0.2/)
has two unclear sections regarding freedom:

* line 18-21: "Export of this software from the United States of America
may require
a specific license from the United States Government.  It is the
responsibility of any person or organization contemplating export to
obtain such a license before exporting."
This section may not suit freedom 2: The freedom to redistribute copies
so you can help your neighbor.

* line 81-83: "OpenVision
   also retains copyright to derivative works of the Source Code, whether
   created by OpenVision or by a third party." I think this could threat
this software freedom.

pitof