Re: Vim's user manual bug closed: reopen?

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it>
> > I noticed that bug #384019 has been recently closed. [...]
> > The bug was closed because an FTP-master (James Troup) stated that the
> > Open Publication License v1.0 without options is fine for main. [...]
> > What should be done, in your opinion?
> > Should the bug be reopened?
>
> No.  I think the outer-surfaces problem is just an obnoxious advertising
> clause, it seems unlikely that this particular licensor will try
> to enforce 'identified' in a bad way and upstream tracking is OK.

I am confused as to whether the licensor will allow anonymous changes.
On the one hand, he says

  At the same time I think anonymous changes to code or docs should
  indeed be disallowed.

but on the other, he says

  The solution is to use a fantasy name for the author.

Cheers,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu