Re: Copyright in public domain package

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@fastmail.fm> writes:

> MIT/Expat is usually preferred to MIT/X11 here.  :-) I don't
> remember why; I think it's more liberal.

It also has the advantage of being (currently) an unambiguous way to
refer to the specific license terms; "the terms of the Expat license"
has only one probable referent. X11 has been released under several
different licenses in its history, so "the terms of the X11 license"
must be disambiguated as to *which* "X11 license" is being referred
to.

--
 \      "When I wake up in the morning, I just can't get started until |
  `\     I've had that first, piping hot pot of coffee. Oh, I've tried |