Re: Help Selecting License for Bacula Documentation

"Kern Sibbald" <kern@sibbald.com>

> I suppose this is a possibility, but with the current license, this
> shouldn't be possible, though I admit I hadn't thought about it. I doubt,
> however, if this is a real possibility, since who has the means to publish
> paper copies and give them away free?

Two examples come to mind:
1. people using them as marketing material: magazines, journals...
2. people with grudges, seeking to destroy competitors.

> In any case I wouldn't want to work with any hacker company -- rather
> publishing a company like O'Reilly, with possibly an independent editor,
> who knows Bacula well, as has been discussed on our list.

To be clear, by hacker company, I meant companies run by hackers,
such as www.network-theory.co.uk, rather than companies run by an
ex-proprietary software company director that arbitrarily blacklists
projects and sells things off to DMCA-happy companies.

--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/